Current favorite skincare products

Thursday, January 15, 2009

When come to skin care products, I have no brand loyalty. I will try anything that works under the sun. Yeah, mama is getting old and it is not funny... don't know, maybe one day I will be willing to go under the knife and needle if I am desperate enough?

I have dry/combination skin, I don't break out often and I seldom need to touch up during the day that's how dry I am. So the most important thing for me is hydration, then the anti aging comes second . Unlike most girls in Taiwan, I'm not into whitening products since I always like myself tanner, so less products for me to worry about when come to skin care. But the hardest thing for me is to keep my skin smooth and lines free.... the dry lines + wrinkles annoy the hell out of me :(((

Here I would like to share a few products that I've been using lately and having fair results.


Klein-Becker StriVectin-SD Eye Cream
I've been using this eye cream for almost a year. The best I've ever tried so far and I did try lot in the past. It's very hydrated and fast absorbing. I did find the fine line around my eye area less visible as long as I use this day and night. StriVectin-SD is famous for their stretch mark product and their eye cream has similar ingredient. I like the tube packaging cuz you can really control the amount you need and no need to dip your finger in the product every time you use it. I've been using my first tube for almost a year and I still have some left. Over all I am satisfied with it and I will purchase again when I run out.

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
I was never a big fan of the Clinique but this stuff is the SHIT. I'd used 2 bottles of these in the past and I don't plan to stop. It's gel like texture and smells fresh and clean, very hydrated and light on skin, it is especially good for the summer time. My skin is so dry so I do still put on another layer of moisturizer after this during the winter. Sometime I put on a thick layer as over night mask, I wake up next day with baby butt soft skin.

L'Occitane Immortelle Very Precious Cream
Love this anti aging cream. It says night cream on the package but I use it day and night. It contains the essential oil of immortelle flowers that suppose to boosts collagen synthesis, stimulates circulation, and enhances cell renewal... I found the immortelle flowers scent very refreshing. The texture is kindda thick but not greasy. I'd finished a bottle and found the expression line on my forehead and around my mouth soften a bit. I might purchase it again in the future.


I took the advantage on the holiday set and got the Shiseido Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizer Cream during the Christmas. I'd heard so many people raved about this cream and finally decided to give it a try. So far, I like it alot. It's an all in one cream that hydrate, protect skin from agressive environment and has antioxidant to help prevent fine line. The smell reminds me of old lady's facial cream, but it doesn't bother me. I also got a small sample from Sephora's beauty insider sample, the Bio-Performance Super Restoring Cream. It's heavier than the Revitalizer Cream and it is target for the more aging and damage skin. I'd used it all up and I like the Revitalizer Cream better.

One more thing that is not really considered skincare but I wanna mention here... is the Lip Fusion Collagen Lip Plump. I was so happy that I got another 2 from ebay for around $18-$22 each, much better than the original $38 price tag. These are my fave lip products lately. I can care less about the color but this is the best lip treatment IMO. I use the clear one every day and night to moisturize my winter dry peeling lips and having great results, my lips are much smoother and fuller everyday. Definitely my HG!
What's the good skincare products that you love and will keep buying?

8 comments:

Mocha January 15, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Mmmm, Clinique's gel like texture seems interesting, but I have very dry skin so I use the greasiest shit I can find... but sounds really good for the summer.

fuzkittie January 15, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

The Strivectin cream sounds good. Does it help with dark circles?

Mona January 15, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

I use the same Strivectin cream! i love the way it absorbs :)

dodo January 17, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

You do have dry skin look but I couldn't find any lines on your face when i look closer. I have oily combination skin but it still bothers me to see those fine lines around my eyes as I get older. I use Kiehls' line prevention serum for the night and its spf 30 eye stick for the day. I've tried that expnesive Shiseido product in my early twenties and it turned my face into warzone since I have oily combination skin. I will buy that Strivectin eye cream when i finish with my Kiehls.

dodo January 17, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Oh... I should have told you I'm interested in that lip fushion thing, so you could have ordered for me too!!

Mona January 18, 2009 at 2:29 AM  

hmmmm, do you know if your ebay seller is still selling lip fusion? i really don't feel like paying over $30 for that stuff :P

btw, the epanadas were beef and chicken

Mocha January 18, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

For dry skin, sure. But you have to be brutal about deflaking, or avoiding flakiness because this product becomes the devil. I think it works to settle in the pores to smooth out the skin - so if there're flakes, hooo ma gawd.

Shanghainese Dumpling July 17, 2009 at 3:46 AM  

Hey xRocksma, hope you don't mind me calling you that hehe sounds cute...

my mum uses Clinique Moisture Surge range, she loves it very much, cos she has dry skin. This product can be used as an aftersun relief as well, once I had a really bad sun burn on the back of my neck, my mum rubbed a thick layer of those on me and kept on reapplying, I didn't get any peeling, only some redness but I think it'll be a lot more worse if I didn't use that.

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP