Working with Blackground & F21 goodies

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My look today is mainly to test my new Blackground Paint Pot. I've seen so many great looks with Blackground p/p but I wasn't sure this is a must have in my collection. After seeing lollipop26's post I decided to give it a try :)

Black color base supposed to add intensity and depth to any color you use on top, depends on how much black added, u create multiple brownish gradient by mixing black with orange, so the color appears richer...

I used the orange from Well Plum quad from forever ago. The orange color in this quad has very bad color payoff so I can really see if the P/P does its work.
Face-
HyperReal 300+400
Select Cover up NW30
Studio Finish concealer NC35
MSF Natural medium plus
MSF Dark/Shimmer
Nuance mineralized blush

Eyes-
Blackground P/P - base
Espresso - brow, Outer V
Shroom - Brow bone, inner highlight
Courage(orange) - all over the lid
Blitz & Glitz FL
CG Lash Blast
L'Oreal Telescope

Lips-
Lip Fusion lip plump Clear
Naked Space Lipgloss


The color definitely looks more intense on top of Blackground P/P, and it gave a nice smoky kick to the look. But... the texture of this baby really sucks, unlike other P/Ps, it requires lots of blending otherwise it shows up patchy and uneven.

Overall, I like the effect but it does require more works, and sometime you lose the true color by adding too much black or blending too much. I had Sable on top of too much Blackground P/P yesterday, it lost the warm plumy tone and looks more grayish like Satin Taupe... I could just use Satin Taupe instead...


Still, I'm happy to add this to my P/P collection. The effect and versatility worth the extra works imo, great for night time or smoky looks!


I also have some F21 goodies to share! I've been very easy on cloth shopping for awhile since I still have 12 lbs. pregnancy weight on me, ugh...:( I should definitely work on that before I buy more clothes... Anyway, I got these long sleeve shirt and hats that I thought will work with what I have easily... and I like the bold belt that can make a statement with some simple long shirts and dresses.


Now me, hubby and little Jacob all have the same style shirts :)

8 comments:

mizzworthy January 28, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

Wow, it really shows up the pigment in the orange shadow! xxx

fuzkittie January 29, 2009 at 2:17 AM  

You're always so glowy! Lovely goodies, F21 always has cute stuff!

J January 29, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

aw....he'a adorable!!!! me, my daughter n my son were all wearing matching clothes yesterday too

dodo January 30, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

haha... so cute~~ you got your family outfits!! again, your lips look so yummy, I must get one lip fusion myself!!!

Neeyuh February 1, 2009 at 3:02 AM  

ohh I really like how it looks with the black base, definitely something I wanna try now!You did a really pretty look with it too!! Cute stuff from f21, I love that store. Aww your son is adorable!!! =D

KillaCamilla February 11, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

blackground is totally on my to get list! how old is your little guy? i love matching outfits! i have a 6 month old boy...i have buying clothes too. grrrr..i have like 15lbs to go!

Shanghainese Dumpling July 17, 2009 at 4:04 AM  

hehe I love the matching outfit thing :) I'm trying to do that to my Bun family too... progressing... we're getting there hehehe

Stephanie July 26, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

awww your son is so cute!

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP